Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Want to help out a great cause?

This was supposed to get blogged about on Black Friday, but since I wasn't home and a mixture of technology issues, it's getting posted today.

A few weeks ago I got a message from Rebekah Plett with this note

I know. It's not Friday. But I have something I'm jazzed about and I want to share it and promote it as much as possible. It's my first time doing this so I am working my darnedest to make it a success.


I did a contest where people had to submit up to 10 words and then I choose a winner and then I created a painting from those words and now I am auctioning off that painting and giving 1/3 of whatever it goes for to SOS Children's Villages Canada (yes, that was the runny-onest of sentences).

I've also attached a link to her original blog post and a link to the auction.  SOS Children's Villages Canada is a great cause and I hope that anyone interested in some great art or to help a cause will help out!


http://cgi.ebay.ca/The-Last-Apple-Great-Depression-original-oil-painting-/260693570237?pt=Art_Paintings&hash=item3cb28c32bd#ht_500wt_1156


Rebekah Joy Plett was born on an iceberg that migrated too close to the equator. She lives in a house on stilts and has a pet shark named Vicki. She paints when she's not looking for kittens to save.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should leave me a comment. It would probably make me smile and then I will probably comment back. Unless you are a spambot. Then I will probably just ignore you.