Monday, April 23, 2012

Coffee Talk interview with Ari from The Green



Today, for Coffee Talk, I am sitting down with Ari from The Green!



Alex: Alright, since this is coffee talk, what is your coffee drink of choice?

Ari: Um, I know this sounds kinda bougie, but coffee? Nope. We rock the tea down in Cambridge.

Alex:  Moving on, you drove all the way up here from the suburbs, you wouldn’t happen to go to the journalism academy, would you?

Ari: How did you know? Yep, I'm in the journalism academy at Cambridge High School. It's pretty sweet, we run the school newspaper as one of our classes. I'm hoping to get into Northwestern to keep studying it there.

Alex: Uh, duh, I googled and Facebook stalked you before this interview. That is how I get all my information for interviews. But anyway, super jealous. I actually applied to Northwestern, kind of hoping to be the female AC360. But enough about me, what drew you to that school and the journalism program?

Ari: My fave newscaster went there. He's kinda this old man, but he's cool. I'm going to be just like him when I'm done. Make room for me, Good Morning America!

Alex: *looks up location of the school on smartphone* Dang, that is a really nice area. And you want to go to Northwestern? How the heck are you going to pay for all this? No disrespect, just saying, I’m stuck working at a coffee shop just to help pay my tuition, so I can’t imagine how many jobs you need for a place like Northwestern.

Ari: I'm pretty much top in my class. I'm counting on some scholarships and some loans. I hope! :/ I, uh, don't have much time for a job.

Alex: Okay, sore subject, MOVING ON, let’s just go for something random. Let’s say someone would make a movie about your life. Who would play you and your friends?

Ari: Let's see, I think Josh Hutcherson could totally be my friend James, although Josh is a little short, so just imagine him taller. For me, maybe Selena Gomez? There aren't too many Latinos to pick from out there. And for Naomi, hmmmm. That's a tough one. She's hard to peg. Maybe Lindsay Lohan if she had dark hair and wasn't all old.

Alex: Wait, hold on, is your cell phone playing that old Jay-Z song, Big Pimpin? Do you need to get that?

Ari: Uh, yeah, gotta take that...*runs outside*...

Alex: Okay...weird...since obviously  you seem to have a lot on your plate lets round this interview out with your favorite food, book, and movie or TV show.

Ari:  My favorite food would have to be donuts from Herb's Bakery in Cambridge. They're like fluffy bits of awesome. Book, hmm, that's tough, there are so many. I'd have to say Jane Eyre. Don't really have fave movie or TV show. Between homework and cheerleading, who has the time?

Alex:  *Stares down at cell phone* Uh, I got to go.  My boyfriend is having some weather problems...yeah weather problems...

Ari: Thanks for having me. Good luck with that boyfriend of yours, sounds like he's a bit of trouble!

***************************************************************************
How far would you go to save your dream?

Seventeen-year-old Ariceli Pisa is a senior at the prestigious Cambridge High School and has her sights set on Northwestern University. She's a cheerleader, a member of the National Honor Society...and a drug dealer. That's not the only secret she has to keep from her best friend Naomi--she’s also madly in love with Naomi’s ex-boyfriend, James Bartlett. Trying to balance her life at Cambridge High with her new demanding job keeps her teetering on the edge of disaster.

The Green is a full novel at 53,000 words. It contains strong language and drug references and is advised for ages 14 and up.

***************************************************************
Karly Kirkpatrick loves to read and write YA. She published her first YA novel, Into the Shadows in 2010 and added Bloody Little Secrets and EIGHT in 2011 (Which is FREE on Amazon and Itunes). She lives in Elgin, Illinois. For more information about Karly, visit http://www.karlykirkpatrick.com/. She is also a member of The Indelibles. Check them out at http://indeliblewriters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should leave me a comment. It would probably make me smile and then I will probably comment back. Unless you are a spambot. Then I will probably just ignore you.