Friday, July 27, 2012

Alex Bianchi's Coffee Talk with Libby Gentry from My Paper Heart



Alex:  Alright let's start this coffee talk out by telling me your favorite coffee drink?


Libby:  I can't say I'm much of a coffee drinker. The only thing I've actually ever enjoyed was Coffee Au Lait at Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans and that was probably because I used it to dunk my beignets in.

Alex:  Moving on...A fellow Illinoisian rocketh! You had to move from ritzy north shore to a town I've never heard of in the south can you tell me what that transition was like?

Libby:  *Raises eyebrows* Really? You are going to talk about a town that you've never heard of? This coffee shop is out in freaking Winnebago, a town of 2,000 less than the population of Elsbury, Louisiana.

Alex: Hey! This isn't about me! Answer the question.

Libby: *rolls eyes* Okay, so it's definitely a huge leap to go from the Chicago suburbs to the swamp. The town is literally the size of my high school. It sucked at first, I mean, I had to deal with living with an aunt I'd barely knew and a little cousin I didn't know existed, plus I actually had to work for the first time in my life. I thought I would never survive.

Alex: But I take it there may have been a little bit of a southern romance to help out with that?

Libby:  Yeah Blaine's pretty great. At first I thought he was a total jerk, but there is something about a pair of blue eyes and southern charm that get me every time.

Alex:  Hold up, didn't your Facebook profile just say you were with some short dude with overly gelled hair named Beau?

Libby:  Yeah, let's not talk about my ex...

Alex:  Uh, hello? This is coffee talk, you agreed to this interview and now you have to.

Libby:  Ugh, fine. Beau's a guy I met in college...the college I failed out of. We sort of had a thing throughout the school year, but now he is an ex. No more and no less, no matter what he still tells people.

Alex:  Okay, enough about boys. Let's dig a little deeper. We know you failed out of college after one year, was it really that bad? Did you party that hard?

Libby:  Well, there is more to it than that.  But you will have to read My Paper Heart to find out *wink*

***************************************************************************

Coming August 2012


There are worse things in life than failing out of college- such as having your parents receive the letter that you’ve been kicked out.
Now to appease her parents self-proclaimed sorority princess Libby Gentry is packing up her Prada bag and heading to work for her great aunt’s newspaper in tiny Elsbury, Louisiana. She’s pretty sure she can tackle the swamp and deal with her great aunt and tom boy of a little cousin, but what she doesn’t know is if she can handle the local town playboy, Blaine Crabtree.

As Libby's feelings for Blaine grow, so does her need for acceptance and all of the insecurities she has kept inside are coming out. She may have survived the Louisiana swamp, but she may not survive Blaine's reluctance to say the 'L' word. When Blaine finally commits to the three words Libby’s been waiting for, she only hopes they haven’t come too late.

**This book does contain some mild language and sexual content. It is meant for upper YA readers**


Add it to your GoodReads now!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent coffee talk! Now I totally want to read more about Libby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would really want because of low and the probily of love in first site becaus abbi glines is one of my fav authours and i always wanted the sec book, but it was too expensive

    ReplyDelete

You should leave me a comment. It would probably make me smile and then I will probably comment back. Unless you are a spambot. Then I will probably just ignore you.