And without further ado...
Five Year Goal
To make enough from writing that would qualify as a part-time salary. (20-30K)
One Year Goal
· Finish Spliced and query
· Have entire alien series out in E format and paperback
· Produce at least two books a year, producing ten books in a five year period
· Develop a marketing plan and budget for each book
· Query agents/editors/publishers for Spliced
· Query agents for possible film/foreign rights
· Decide on future series and books and plans for each with Indie or traditional path
· Continue to use RWA for a source with first page critiques
· Search for one more solid critique partner
· Do research on possible new editors
· Participate in #IndieChat and #NALitChat
· Take workshops and classes to develop craft
· Look for more books in my genre to read
· Bad Ratings
· Lack of sales
· Running low on money for marketing/covers
· Not making deadlines
· Not getting an agent for Spliced, bad deal from small publisher
Ways to manage/overcome roadblocks
· Continue to query new book reviewers
· Review marketing plans if sales lacking
· Borrow from self for money for covers
· Consider changing deadlines or scaling back
· Self-publish Spliced
Sources of Support
· RWA group
· Kindleboard Forums
Progress (to check every 6-12 months)
· What is working well and why?
· What isn’t working and why?
· What adjustments, if any, do I need to make in my plan?
· What is different as a result of achieving this goal?
· What did I learn in the process of pursuing this goal?
· How will I apply what I’ve learned or achieved?
· How will I maintain the goal?Do you have a five year plan? Are you making one? What is on yours?