Monday, August 5, 2013

The Strange Case of Kai Rowe

So there was this little book I wrote back in 2009 when no one wanted my New Adult title. It was called Life, Love, & Lemons about a girl named Bentley and a guy named Kai.

If you look back, as far as 2010 on my blog I was talking about this book and about Malakai Rowe.

I was originally going to publish it in April, 2012, but long story short, some other things got in the way and it was put on hold.

But in 2013, I decided it was time to dust this book off, re-edit and put it out there. By this time another Kai Rowe had emerged.

I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I had Malakai Rowe and she had Kaiden Rowe. Then I started getting bombarded with emails and nasty comments on GoodReads.

I'm use to bad reviews, it comes with the territory, but I really didn't expect people to be so outraged by this.  After the whole Jordin Williams plagiarism thing, I didn't want people to think I was doing the same to Wendy Higgins or anyone else for that matter. Life, Love, & Lemons is a contemporary fiction work. The punk boy next door is completely human. It's a fluffy YA book that you can read in one sitting. It's not erotica. It's not paranormal, just something for a good laugh. It's completely original and came out of my own twisted mind.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone by using the name Kai Rowe. He has now become Kai Stone. I did love the name Malakai Rowe. I loved it even when my critique partners thought it was stupid because when you say it out loud it sounds like "Cairo."

I was supposed to have eARCs ready by now, but this conundrum has pushed me back a little bit. I promise you that I will get this book out into the world and I can promise you that I'm real. That I would NEVER plagiarize anyone and I'm sorry that me and Wendy Higgins are so awesome that we came up with the same characters names.

I hope y'all don't think any less of me and I hope that you can find a place for the new Kai in your shelf of book boyfriends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should leave me a comment. It would probably make me smile and then I will probably comment back. Unless you are a spambot. Then I will probably just ignore you.