Thursday, December 26, 2013

Throwback Thursday: How To Date an Alien

Most #throwbackthursday or #tbt posts are people putting up pictures of them from high school or grade school, but I decided to do something different. I'm going to post excerpts and teasers from my older books that y'all might not be as familiar with. Maybe this meme will catch on. Maybe it wont.

 
 
This first #tbt is from How to Date an Alien. The first book in My Alien Romance series, which is free everywhere!
 
His eyes finally found mine. Instead of the harsh black, I saw something softer, almost human. He leaned closer. “Is that what you think, Alex, that I want to hurt you?”
“Well, no, I mean…" I let out a deep sigh as I looked down to the ground. “I don’t know. I’m just really confused.”
He took another step closer, sliding his body against mine, as the coldness of his skin gave me goose bumps. His fingers tiptoed around my waist. I held back a soft gasp as the warmth of his fingers pushed into the small of my back. He pressed his forehead to mine.
“I killed Magpie because I wasn’t going to let her hurt you. I would never try to harm you and I wouldn’t let anyone else harm you either.” His icy breath was like a cool breeze on my lips as he continued, "It took a lot of convincing for the board to let me stay here after that, but they knew it was the only way that she could be stopped. And you've got to admit—" He paused, brushing his lips against mine as he smiled. "—I do have some redeeming qualities that would convince them to let me stay."
I gulped, trying to catch my breath as my body trembled against his. “You don’t think I can take care of myself?”
His smile widened with every bit of his white teeth gleaming. “I’m pretty sure any girl that would walk into a Caltian’s room in the middle of the night, unarmed, can handle herself." He wrapped the blanket around both of us, pressing his body to mine. I felt an icy hot sensation race through me. “But it doesn’t mean that I can’t try and help her out.”
“So, what’s your real interest in me, then?" My lips almost vibrated right onto his as I spoke. I couldn’t help but wonder how they would feel against mine.
“The most dangerous thing of all."
“And what is that?" I questioned, hoping my knees wouldn't give out as I pressed my body tighter against his.
“I'm falling in love with you." As the words left his mouth, his lips pressed to mine, giving me the most intense and explosive kiss I had ever had. With the coldness of his lips and the warmth of his tongue beneath mine I saw fireworks and felt them through every part of my body.
 
Want more of this book? Get it for Free today
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should leave me a comment. It would probably make me smile and then I will probably comment back. Unless you are a spambot. Then I will probably just ignore you.