Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Geeky things cool now?

So..since 1993 I have had a thing for vampire novels and books. Yes this is pre-Twilight. I remember watching "Interview With The Vampire," with my cousin when I wasn't supposed to and being hooked.

But when I was in middle school the kids that liked vampires were weird. I remember when my friends found out I was reading vampire novels and playing vampire role playing games, all of a sudden I was weird and a freak. Now everyone is reading Twilight and Sookie Stackhouse, and suddenly it's okay to like vampires.

Now this really isn't a punch for me, but I think it kind of shows if you wait long enough things actually do come back "in style" like leggings and bangs I guess so do vampires?

Which brings me to my next point, Glee.

Now I just started watching the show, but can't help but be hooked. My school did not have a Glee club, and we tried REALLY hard for a drama club, but the kids that got the lead parts in school plays, usually had parents that would donate a whole bunch of money. But enough of that..the point is, Glee is making the kid's that sing and dance, somehow is cool again. Thank You Youtube and television!

So let's just hope maybe future generations can step in the ring, and maybe they can see that everything will come back in style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should leave me a comment. It would probably make me smile and then I will probably comment back. Unless you are a spambot. Then I will probably just ignore you.