Wednesday, June 16, 2010

WIP Wednesday

Some girls have all the luck, and some are stuck spending their summer in middle of nowhere Virginia.  I'm definitely the latter of the two.

That's the -tentative- first line.  I've been playing with the idea of HOW TO DATE AN ALIEN for a long time, but after talking with the wonderful Lynsey Newton and sharing with her what I wanted to put into a novel this came about...

Think about it...

What if natural disasters...world wars...terroist threats... what if they were all a cover up for something else?  And, more importantly, what if you were the seventeen year old girl who found out about it?  Tag that on along with an alien/human romance that may or may not be cause for an intergalactic war that could blow everyone's cover and I may have a winner at my first attempt at YA Sci-Fi.

In other news, MY PAPER HEART is on submission and has gained interest from a certain agent and a small publishing press.  I will keep you all posted.

Contest news.  Even though I'm still 8 followers away the details of the contest will be announced next week, so spread the love and tell people to follow my Twitter darnit!

That is all...it's 9:30 and I have to be to work early.

XoXo
The punching bag

2 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued by the YA scifi. Good luck with being on submission! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH I'm intrigued by this YA Sci-Fi...got to say I'm a sucker for unconventional romances and what can be better than alien and human

    ReplyDelete

You should leave me a comment. It would probably make me smile and then I will probably comment back. Unless you are a spambot. Then I will probably just ignore you.