Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday Musings

So, while 90 percent of the writing community is doing Nano this month, I'll be doing my own form of Nanowrimo.

Originally, HOW TO DATE AN ALIEN was supposed to be my Nano story, but once I got the plot in my head, it just didn't want to stay for long.  Alex would constantly poke me while I was sleeping saying, "Hello, I'm freezing here at Circe, help me get out!"  (Note Alex doesn't actually talk like that...I can't think of a better quote right now...)

So instead of writing 50,000 words in 30 days...I'm going to try and edit about 52,000 words in 30 days.  But to do that...I need some help.  So here are my musings for my second draft edits.

Adam Lambert- For Your Entertainment (This video intrigues, frightens, and helps to set the tone for inside the Caltian mother ship).



Roswell.  I know I need more of a "forbidden love" between Ace and Alex,and I know that I need to make them more resistant to it.  Unlike the dominant/submissive relationship of Twilight...I like it to be a little more real, a little more dangerous, oh and a lot more sex appeal.


Hunger Games. I like kick-butt female heroines (i.e. Katniss). On my first draft I realized I took too much (I like bad dreams and having the comfort of the hero), so I had to spin it so you wouldn't even think of Hunger Games when you realize who is controlling Alex's nightmares.. (ohhh creepy!)



Those are just a few of my musings while I edit, so be sure to stop by on Wednesday when I'll preview the new and improved first page of HOW TO DATE AN ALIEN.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the editing! If you have Adam Lambert, you're gold.

    ReplyDelete

You should leave me a comment. It would probably make me smile and then I will probably comment back. Unless you are a spambot. Then I will probably just ignore you.