Monday, August 15, 2011

Day One : Breaking the addiction

I have an addiction that I have been hiding from everyone, including my husband. But today I am finally going to break the addiction.

Blog readers, I am highly addicted to Diet soft drinks.

You laugh, but I'm totally not joking.  Every day that I come into work I usually get a Diet Mountain Dew in the morning and sometimes a Diet Pepsi in the afternoon and, if I go out for dinner, I get another Diet doft drink.

Sure there are people that drink a whole lot more than me, but I'm starting to feel like I can't live without it.  Case in point, I gave in and bought a can of Diet Pepsi this morning.

I'M WEAK.

So, bloggers, I need you to keep me accountable.  I need your help in breaking this Diet soft drink addiction.

Any addiction tips?  Why do diet soft drinks have to be SO good?

4 comments:

  1. Omigosh we are soul sisters. Or at least addiction companions. There should be a self-help recovery program for diet Coke addicts. I got off for 2 months while I was following a special diet, but now I'm gradually sneaking it all back in. The best in the world is TAB. Oh man it is so good that you can't even buy it in some states, like CA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a magic answer, but I just started drinking less and less overtime. It helped me to do it slowly, so I didn't feel I was depriving myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a show about a girl who drank 30 cokes a day. It was crazy! I don't really have any good tips since I have a really hard time drinking any fluids because I get full so fast, but you may want to try replacing soft drinks with carbonated water and you can add flavor through putting fruit in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I found your blog from WriteonCon forums - I really liked your twitter pitch! (and the writing after it). I tried to follow your twitter from the side link but it didn't work for me. :/

    Anyway, I used to never dirink water. I would say add in water for your meals and allow yourself the diet soda once a day.

    ReplyDelete

You should leave me a comment. It would probably make me smile and then I will probably comment back. Unless you are a spambot. Then I will probably just ignore you.