Saturday, March 17, 2012

Fangirl Friday: Heather McCorkle




Heather is the author of young adult fantasy, in all its many sub-genres. When she's not writing or surfing her social networking sites, she can be found on the slopes, the hiking trails, or on horseback. As a native Oregonian, she enjoy the outdoors almost as much as the worlds she create on the pages. No need to travel to the Great Northwest though, you can find her here, on her blog four days a week, and Monday night's on Twitter where she co-moderatse the #WritersRoad chat with hery good friend TS Tate.

Heather is part of the wonderful group of Indie writers, The Indelibles! The Fangirl loves any story with hot men in it and she wanted a way to promote Heather's new novel.

Magan: What inspired you to write Channeler's Choice?

Heather: Actually, Fane inspired me to write this novel. His character wouldn't leave my head and that's when I knew, there was a lot more to this story to tell. 

Magan: What made you decide to go Indie with this book?

Heather: The first novel in this series was agented and shopped around with publishers. They gave me great feedback, many passing only because they didn't want another paranormal in their line-up for the year, or because the novel would compete with one of their others authors. That's when I knew it had merit. 
Magan: Was there ever a time that you felt like giving up? If so, what did you do about it?

Heather: Definitely! After parting ways with my second agent I nearly did give up. But then I realized how close I came and how great the feedback I had received was and I knew I couldn't stop.

Magan: Do you have critique partners, betas? How do you work with them?

 Heather: I have both. My critique partners and I try to meet at least once a year for a writer's workshop and they help throughout the year when I need it. My betas help read and polish my novel when it's in its final stages. 

Magan:  Who would win in a fight, your book's hero or my alien heartthrob?

 Heather: Are you kidding? There'd be no fight because they would get along splendidly! ;)

Magan: Does your book have a soundtrack? What songs are on it?
Not exactly but the artists that inspired me during this novel were Avril Lavigne and Allison Iraheta.

Magan: What are you coming out with next?

Heather: My next novel is a special project that I've only hinted at recently. But what the heck, I'll tell you. It's a historical fantasy about the last of the druids in Ireland. It will be releasing in May! And, it's a tie-in novel to the channeler series, surprise!

Magan: If you could cast the main characters from your novel in a movie, who would you choose to play them?

Heather: Taylor Fisch from Friday Night Lights is who I picture when I think of Aiden and Vanessa Hudgens reminds me of Eren.

Magan: Favorite book, movie, and food?

Heather:  Currently (cause it changes all the time!) Tangled Tides by Karen Amanda Hooper, War Horse, and icecream. 

Magan: Words to live by?

Heather:  That which doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger. ~Nietzsche.

5 comments:

  1. You're so sweet for having me over and for interviewing me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great interview! <3 her answer to the "Who would win the fight...?" question. And glad Heather loves ice cream as much as I do! (Not that I can eat ice cream anymore as I'm allergic to eggs & milk...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! I'm so excited about your new druid story! I love that it's a tie-in, but also I love the Irish druid thing! I've got a druid king in my family tree. No guff! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Interview!! So glad I stopped by.

    ReplyDelete

You should leave me a comment. It would probably make me smile and then I will probably comment back. Unless you are a spambot. Then I will probably just ignore you.