Friday, July 20, 2012

Coffee Talk with Dori from Seaweed!



Alex: Okay, Dori, since this is Coffee Talk, let’s start out with your coffee drink of choice.

Dori: I prefer Dulce tea. It's green and made from seaweed..

Alex:  Moving on, so you’re an athlete? A swimmer? How does that even work? Okay I get it, it’s a team or whatever. But can you explain your swim club and all that entails?

Dori: If you've ever watched the Olympics you'll see what it's like. We compete against each other and ourselves, always trying for the best possible time. It's very competitive and takes up your whole life if you want to be the best. Which I do.

Alex:  And there are guy swimmers, too? Like Michael Phelps? I promise I’ll shut up about him… but there has to be some guy on the swim team that has the body of Michael Phelps, but maybe not the ears? If there is, have you scooped him up?

Dori: Well, there's this guy, Colby. He's cute and a great swimmer. I've known him my whole life. He'd like to be more than friends, but the problem is, I just don't like him that way.

Alex: Sounds sort of fishy too me. I have my own boy problems, but there is always something that happens when you date a boy who isn’t exactly human. How do you deal with it?

Dori: Oh, you're talking about Tor Riley now. Ooo la la. I can't ever go there.
 
Alex:  Merboys are complicated. How does that even work? I know, I know I date an alien but he breaths air. Doesn’t Tor need to be underwater or something?

Dori: He spends about equal time in and out of the water, still it's difficult to have our worlds so separated, y'know?

Alex:  Okay, so moving on, if you and Tor and you friends were to be cast into a movie based on your life, who would you have play you?

Dori: Amanda Siegfried, maybe, or Emma Roberts, if she died her hair blond.

Alex: Let’s round it out with best memory that you’ve had in the past year?

Dori: July 1st which is Canada Day. You'll have to read my story to find out why, but it has to do with fireworks and kissing and a  late night ocean swim.

Thanks for visiting with us, Dori! And everyone should be sure to check out Seaweed!

******************************************************************************


Announcing SEAWEED by Elle Strauss!

 A teen swim athlete discovers a merfolk world that threatens to keep her out of the ocean forever.
 

Dori Seward can’t wait to get out of Eastcove, a sleepy fishing village on the border of New Brunswick and Maine. She bides her time by hanging out with friends, attending swim club, and holding her biggest competition, Colby–who wants more than just friendship, at arm’s length. Then Tor Riley comes to town and he has everything Dori dreams of in a boyfriend–looks, athleticism and mystery. But Tor also has a tantalizing secret and Dori is determined to find out what it is. The truth is crazier than her wildest imaginations and more dangerous, too. Dori has new fantastical enemies , and they will do anything to get to her. Her life, her dreams and her love for Tor are all weighing in the balance. Will Dori risk it all in order to have it all?

 SEAWEED is FREE for a limited time on Amazon! It's also free on itunes and smashwords.



Elle Strauss writes time travel and merfolk chic-lit, light SF and historical YA fiction. To ward off writer's butt she does a bit of hiking, biking and yoga. Elle is married with four children and divides her time between British Columbia, Canada, and Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should leave me a comment. It would probably make me smile and then I will probably comment back. Unless you are a spambot. Then I will probably just ignore you.