Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Throwing Ideas Out there

Okay I still have another beta reader and waiting to hear back on a partial (I am actually not going to TOUCH my MS till after that), but I just wanted to throw some ideas out there and feedback would be helpful...

* In the beginning: Instead of having Libby talk to her parents start out with her actually on the bus going to Louisiana. I would include flashbacks to her parents with the letter, her days in college, ect.

* Instead of a Fashion Merchandising major: Let's really play up on what I know here and make her a political science major. But then after working for the newspaper she realizes that she loves to write. I could even have her go out and do a story at the last minute and it's well written just poor grammar and punctuation.

*Make the ex boyfriend a bigger factor and put more about Brittany's mom. (You know some of this only applies to you that have read this MS, but I'm just throwing this out there).

I think I need to put my MS aside for now (I def. queried way too early...I'm impatient). I also need to focus on Wedding Planning (two months away now, AGH.) And then of course I need to work on my letter to Gonzaga..

In other news...the punching bag might start taking some boxing lessons...I have to live up to my online persona, don't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should leave me a comment. It would probably make me smile and then I will probably comment back. Unless you are a spambot. Then I will probably just ignore you.