Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Deleted Scene from How to Marry an Alien

For various reasons, this scene was cut. It was a good one, but it just didn't end up being needed. I did have to change some of the context for spoilers, but I hope you all enjoy a little mekking out, alien style.



He walked over and draped the blanket over my shoulders and wrapped it tightly around me before placing a kiss on my forehead. "Sorry, this isn't exactly as comfortable for you"

"I bet I know a way that you can warm me up." I spread my arm out to the side, opening the blanket like a giant cape. "Want to join me in this blanket?"

He grinned, taking a step forward so that his body was flushed with mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck, leaning his face down toward mine and trailing feather-like kisses up his prominent jawline.

"I don't know if that is going to help you warm up," Ace whispered. "But this might." Slowly, he slid his fingerless gloves off and pressed his hands on the small of my back. The warmth beat from his hands and all through my body. I gasped at the sudden rush of heat.

"I think there are other things that could help as well." I moved my face back to his and pressed my lip against his. His tongue glided across mine, warming up every corner of my mouth like hot chocolate.

I pushed against his body, walking him backwards until we fell on his bed. I moved my legs over so that I was straddling him, my hips flushed against his. He pushed the blanket off of me before pulling me down so that I was laying on him, his tongue twirling beyond my lips.

He may have said 'no' in my dorm room, but there was no way he could say no at that moment. I moved my hands from his neck to the pearl snap buttons on his shirt. Slowly, I undid the first one. He didn't stop kissing. And the next one and the next one until his shirt was completely undone and only his temperature control suit separated us.

I'd seen him enough in just the temperature control suit to know that didn't matter to him if I got down to that barrier. The few times I did sleep in his bed at Circe he wore nothing more than boxer shorts, so surely he wouldn't mind if I helped him get into his bedtime apparel.

Slowly, I reached for the suits zipper, sliding it down to feel his rippled, cold skin underneath. I let my fingers linger along each one of his abdominal muscles, like a perfect statue beneath my fingers.

He let out a low moan, hopefully from my touch. I continued unzipping, reaching the point where the top of his boxers met his skin before he stopped kissing and shot his hand in front of his crotch.

I lifted my head up and looked down at him. His eyes were closed and his face was scrunched up as if he were in pain. "No, Alex."

"You were enjoying it just a second ago…"

He shook his head and zippered his suit back up before he opened his eyes. They were blacker than any night sky, and he looked as if I'd just stabbed him. "I know, but we can't do this. Not yet."

I sat up, maneuvering myself until I was sitting next to him on the bed. "Then why did you ask me to spend the night if you didn't want that?"

"You've spent the night dozens of times. Just because I want to lie next to you, doesn't mean I want to do it in the coital sense," Ace said.

"Okay." I let out a sigh. "I guess I can live with that. Better than going back to my dorm and facing reality."

"So I'm just the substitute for your roommate?" Ace arched his brows high on his forehead.

I winced. Why would he make a comment like that? I already got turned down, no use in making it worse. But I shrugged it off and put on a smile.

"But a very cute substitute." I tapped my finger on his nose.

"You are something else, Princess." He shook his head, grinning from ear to ear.

With a few more words, I slid next to him in his bed. We both stayed fully dressed and not another word was said about what could have happened. Or more like what I wished had happened.

I wanted to know why he kept refusing. Was there something else in the rule books that said we couldn't be together in that sense? I knew we'd broke the rules before, but maybe this was one that he just wasn't ready to break…yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should leave me a comment. It would probably make me smile and then I will probably comment back. Unless you are a spambot. Then I will probably just ignore you.