Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Teaser Tuesday



(Yeah Colton Haynes was a little bit of my visual inspiration for Trey)


Since it's less than a month from the release of The Only Exception and author Emma Hart begged for it, I decided to give you a little teaser for the book.

Just a LITTLE one...OKAY and a gif to go with it.

***


He laughed, softly. His laughter was low and deep and had a playful edge to it, like his voice. There was something about the slight teasing tone to it that made me listen to him. "Then I wouldn't have anything to talk to her about. She would just agree with everything I said. I like talking to a girl who challenges me and just doesn't accept what I say at face value."

I tried not to, but a large smile spread across my face. Even though some of the topics infuriated me, it was the most alive I’d felt in months. Normally when I tried to talk politics with people they just rolled their eyes at me. Trey kept talking and kept challenging me. It was like I’d finally been able to crawl out of the hole I’d been buried in, even if I knew I would probably go back to it.

"I'll think about it."

"Think about it?"

I looked up from the ground and met his eyes. In the light they were even greener than the first time I saw him. They were like two sparkling emeralds, and they hypnotized me to my spot. "I do have a mind of my own to think if I want to see someone again," I stammered, trying to regain control of my words.

"Well, Miss Remy, you're going to see a lot of me whether you like it or not. We're still neighbors."

"You do have a point there, Mr. Chapman."
 
 

2 comments:

You should leave me a comment. It would probably make me smile and then I will probably comment back. Unless you are a spambot. Then I will probably just ignore you.